Hotel Mestari, in the Master Builders’ House at the corner of Fredrikinkatu and Eerikinkatu, is a new meeting place in the centre of Helsinki where modern individuality meets an eventful and fascinating history.
Hotel Mestari is the latest chapter in the story of the Master Builders’ House, which began in the 1930s. The origins of the building are still reflected in Mestari’s philosophy, which respects the manual skills of the builders: in the hotel’s rugged, masculine style, many of the original elements of the building are left exposed.
Master your stay
A modern touch gives Mestari its sense of individuality. Each guest can build their ideal stay at Mestari, with a choice of eight room categories and additional experiential services. For example, guests can order the relaxing Cool Down service for the room, the Romance package for the perfect end to a romantic evening, or the Groom Your Gear package to ensure that the party shoes are sparkling and your seams are all sewn up.
Mestari also offers a service called Choose Your Timing, which allows guests to choose their arrival and departure times according to their needs and daily rhythms. At Hotel Mestari, you can come and go whenever you please, and there is no need to stress about waking up in time or missing out on breakfast.
Hotel Mestari: the Basics
- Address: Fredrikinkatu 51–53
- Number of rooms: 237
- Number of floors: 6
- Floor area of the hotel: 12,000 m2
- Year of construction: 1932, extension in the 1960s
- Architect: Heikki Kaartinen, new building: Helmer Stenros and Risto-Veikko Luukkonen
- Interior designer: Kristiina Michelsson
- Number of meeting rooms: 13
- Restaurant: Latin Bistro & Bar Maestro 51 + Maisu Bread & Sparks
- The Masters’ Quarter: Sky Beauty Day Spa, One Day Coffee, Paint & Party, Neo hair studio, Pop up exhibition space, nail studio
- Operator: Primehotels
- Building owner: Rakennusmestarien Säätiö (The Master Builders’ Foundation)